Monday, October 21, 2013

October Nail Art Challenge 2013: Graveyard

This post almost catches me up to real time. And actually, it would, except that I am behind on the current theme. I just finished the one for the 19th today, the 22nd. Tomorrow there is already a new one! Anyway, the theme for the 16th was graveyard. oooooo spoookies. This is my first attempt at nail stamping. I bought the bundle monster holiday edition. So honestly, I had a bit of trouble doing the stamping. My main issue was getting the image to transfer to the stamping tool. I got a couple to work, but they are a bit off center. Practice makes perfect, right? That saying is certainly the case for my skill in gradients. I think this one looks pretty awesome! Yay for ombre!

This also is my first try at something known as "frankenpolish." Basically, it is just mixing your own nail colors. The grey that I have is too dark to show up on the background colors that I used, so I mixed it with white and voila!

Gradient: OPI My Private Jet, Ulta Alter Ego
Stamping Frankenpolish: Zoya Purity and China Glaze Concrete Catwalk
Glitter: Dollish Polish Gotham City


No comments:

Post a Comment