Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October Nail Art Challenge 2013: Pumpkins

Hello, friends! I am happy to announce that my blogs are pretty much caught up to present day for the Halloween Challenge! This one I am posting today was for the 19th: pumpkins. The next one is for today (critters). Luckily, I am not a fan of the pumpkins, so I am not so sad to be taking it off after less than a day of wearing them to trade for the critters! They really just didn't turn out how my brain had envisioned them. I did, however, level up in my stamping skill (+2).

I didn't have trouble at all this time transferring the image from the plate to the stamper! I think my issue before was that I used the grey frankenpolish that I made in an art palate. I believe that due to increased surface exposure to air (since I didn't want to waste my entire bottles to make the new color) on the palate caused the polish to dry too fast; thus, the transfers were unsuccessful before. This time  my issue involved two things: color and positioning! I originally wanted the green background with and orange pumpkin. Sadly, the only orange polish that I own did not show up at all on my green nails!! I also seem to have a tendency to stamp towards the right side of my nail, so they are all off-center once again. I redid two of them, and then got frustrated and said oh well! Not like I am wearing it for that long anyway. The gradient also did not look as good as I wanted it.

Gradient: Zoya Purity, China Glaze GaGa for Green, Ulta Envy
Stamping: Zoya Raven
Bundle Monster holiday plate BM-H06



No comments:

Post a Comment