Friday, October 25, 2013

October Nail Art Challenge 2013: Blood

So today we have a rare peek at the elusive right hand! My love of the critter art was so great that I didn't want to take it off. Plus, I want to see how long the waterslide decal will last. Thus, my right hand is making its debut. Generally, this is a pretty accurate portrayal of my work:






Luckily, I decided to try out a new technique for the blood theme. It turned out to be relatively easy and not so hard to do onto my right hand. The technique is using a straw to create a splattered look. Basically all I did was pour some polish into my paint palette, dip a straw end into it, and blow over my nails. easy peasy! One tip that I can give you is to put on your top coat after the base and let it dry. That way, if you mess up, you can take off the splatter with acetone without messing up the base. Just make sure you redo the top coat and wait for it to dry before trying again. The same goes for stamping. Also, make sure the splatter is totally dry before applying the final top coat. I waited half an hour, and it still smeared when I applied mine (I use seche vite btw). I think it may have been the quality of the red polish.

While preparing for this theme, I realized that I only own one actual red nail polish. Even more, it is a tiny little bottle from a set and is about gone. I ended up just buying a 99 cent bottle from the drug store, as I didn't feel like driving out to ulta to get a brand that I like. I got what I paid for, sadly! I think it looks a bit Dexter-ish. Speaking of Dexter, the ending  was so lame.

Also, I want to comment on the white polish that I have been using. It is the only one that I own, and overall, I am not all that happy with it. I plan to buy a couple different brands and do a review blog after the holidays. I have read, though, that generally white polishes are a bit lacking. Any suggestions?

My boyfriend is not a fan of this one. He says it looks too real, so it really bothers him. haha

Zoya Purity
Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby


No comments:

Post a Comment