Monday, October 14, 2013

October Nail Art Challenge 2013: Candy Corn!

The second Halloween themed art is.... Candy Corn! I did a little research onto different interpretations of candy corn nails via pinterest. It seemed to me that I had four choices: using tape to make three stripes, drawing them, stamping, and gradient. I don't have stamps, so that wasn't an option. I also am not so great at drawing. That left me with tape- which I have some experience with- or gradient- which I have never attempted. I chose gradient! I used the makeup sponge method. Basically I painted my nails white and let them dry. Then I painted overlapping stripes onto the sponge and rolled it over my nails. Overall, it was fairly easy, but incredibly messy! I've read you can tape up your fingers to avoid some of the mess, maybe I will do that next time. 

I used Zoya (loving this brand) Purity, Amy, and Darcy.


No comments:

Post a Comment