Thursday, October 24, 2013

October Nail Art Challenge 2013: Critters

CRITTERS! So I would say that of all the Halloween themes, I was looking forward most to critters. I had so many ideas, I had a hard time choosing! At first, I was going to try to do a different critter for each nail: cat, bat, mouse, owl, and spider. I then realized that A. that was a lot of work and B. that doesn't leave me a lot of room for future Halloween critters if I do it all at once, so I decided to go with something more simple... and I love it! I have to say I am very happy with how this turned out. I ordered some owl nail decals on a whim from amazon.com. I didn't know this, but they are something called "waterslide" not stickers. Basically, you cut the picture out of the paper, let it sit in warm water for 35 seconds, and then put it on your nail. It looks like I painted it on there, too! I bought these from a company called alexcole. $3.99 for a sheet of 18 (plus shipping). I let the polish and top coat dry before adding the decal and then applied more top coat. I actually went for a swim in between polish and decal. I'm not sure how long it will last, since the product recommends use on acrylic or gel polish. Plus, I'm going for another lap swim tonight, so we will see the durability of it. Also, please feel free to leave comments or questions!

Essie: Little Brown Dress
China Glaze: Kalahari Kiss


No comments:

Post a Comment