Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March Nail Art Challenge: Stripes (Happy Birthday, Mom!)

Our next challenge theme is stripes! As yesterday was my mother's birthday, I decided to use her favorite color as the base for my nail art: yellow! This color was part of a large nail polish gift set that I received from my mother for Christmas. It came with like at least 20 colors! Here's a swatch of the yellow. It looks a bit mustardy which I wasn't expecting from the bottle color. Was not a big fan of it by itself, especially with my skin tone. Once I got the stripes on; however, I loved it! As you can see, the red I used for my last mani left some staining.
 Sephora Formula X: Zap

For the stripes, I used some cheap striping brushes which is why you can see some of the strokes. Overall, I really like this mani. It is much more successful than my chevron attempt! I took a couple different types of photos to show in different lighting. The black is Sephora Formula X: Dark Matter, and pink is Sephora Formula X: Eureka.





No comments:

Post a Comment